How to Write an Obituary
A respectful way to announce that a loved one has passed is an obituary notice. These may be of any length (keep in mind that they are rather expensive in the local newspaper) and may include a favorite photograph of the departed.
Information You May Wish to Include
- Date and place (city) of birth, date and place of death
- Names of parents and other immediate family, living and deceased
- Religious affiliation
- Military achievements and service
- Volunteer affiliations
- Fraternal affiliations
- Civic affiliations
- Hobbies and passions
- Favorite travel destinations
- Other achievements including community service and awards
- Date, time, place of funeral, memorial service, viewing, cemetery service location
When the obituary is completed, your funeral director can assist you with placement in newspapers and/or other publications as you may desire. The obituary will also be published on the Moore Funeral Home website. We would encourage you to share it to your Facebook page if desired.